Wednesday, December 4, 2013

PARIS NOIR BLOG FOR 11/27/13--A day spent AU PANTHEON with my idols: HUGO, VOLTAIRE, BEAUMARCHAIS, CESAIRE, SENGHOR, ZOLA, SCHOELCHER.

Today was another productive day spent at the Pantheon, as the French say, "Au Pantheon"! This place is one of the most revered for heroes and courageous men in French History, at least , since it was decreed by Louis XV. We will not touch the history of Louis XV, but we will thank him for having the foresight to create this monumentally sacred place to honor the memory of all the Titans of French Culture! I walked from La Place St. Michel, after visiting the famous meeting place for friends when in Paris. It is where everybody rendez-vous before exploring the old city and its monuments. From St. Michel I headed towards La Sorbonne, with an objective of ending up at "Au Pantheon". From Boulevard St. Michel, I made a left onto La Rue Des Ecoles, from there I made a right onto La Rue St. Jacques. Boy, what a view going up this historical street! One feels as "Going Up To The Heavens". The designer of Le Pantheon new exactly what he was doing. From St. Jacques, I passed Le Lycee Louis Le Grand to my left and L'Universite de Paris on my right. I continued going up, and then, there it was on the left, Le Pantheon! An overwhelming emotional joy engulfed me, because I know ordinary men do not set foot inside that monument to the courageous and persevering men. Who now use it as their final resting place!
Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

No comments:

Post a Comment